Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm in DC Thinking About New York -- Burberry Prorsum Double Breasted Military Peacoat from Winter 2010





(Below) My Beloved Louis Vuitton Naxos Cabas 


I remember the first time I was in New York city, the experience was so bad that I swore to myself that I will never visit again. The sauna-like subway stations filled with various sizes of rodents, the reckless cab driver that would run over anything that's in his way, and the fear of something would drop on you while you walk among all the skyscrapers are a few things that I hate about New York.

It's been many years since the first time I was there. And now, I can't even remember how many times I've been to this city, a city that I love and hate. I love the open-minded people: you can just truly be yourself. No one cares about speaking the perfect English because it's not their native language either. No one cares about how eccentric you're dressing because they've seen weirder. I mean, the city just celebrated their "No Pants Day" fro crying out loud... 

Manhattan is like a miniature of the whole world. You can find anything, I mean anything, on this island.   
The most exotic food, the clothes of barely or widely known designers, the limited edition of anything, or even the most bizarre life style choice... I'm from Beijing, but the most delicious Xiao Long Bao (small steamed bums) I had was at a restaurant in China town. 

I usually take the bus to New York and before you enter into the Lincoln tunnel, you'll see this typical landscape of Manhattan, breathtakingly beautiful. But when you're among all the skyscrapers, you can't help but notice the dark sides of this city. The poorest and richest live harmoniously on this island. People say that if you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere else. But I guess I'm not tough enough for the city. Every time when I conclude my shopping trip and sitting back on the bus, exhausted, I feel released to leave all the fuss behind me and come back to the quiet life at DC. 

New York, I love you, but I just can't stay.... :)

24 comments:

  1. u look fantabulous in that coat my friend!
    nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peacoat is gorge! Love the wide lapel, the cinched waist and those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful coat. Ah, New York..it's been a long time and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. new york is one of the top places i want to visit. most of the people here in manila dream of living there. me, i just want to visit. it's nice to have a place in another part of the world you'd always look forward returning to.

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coat looks great on you! And of course, I'm loving the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot express fully how much I love that coat. The colour, shape and details. You wear it well.

    I have a sister living close to DC and I fly from Norway to visit her as often as I can. Agree, NYC is wonderful, but can be too much at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing and the shots in DC are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice prorsum! A darker pants or jeans would look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...great coat and it fits you amazing!..Btw I have a surprise for you in my blog!

    Greetings
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh bby this is :O
    your bag
    I'm wanna get it

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥ the coat AND the bag! And, I appreciate your comments regarding NYC...Those are my feelings as well...:-)

    http://www.sprezza2raw.com/

    - Brad/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it!!
    http://girastilemondo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing outfit !!!
    check my blog ;)
    you can follow me if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photos are brilliant and the post seems to me fantastic. I adore NY. I have been charmed with it.
    Many sensations that you have described have been experienced by me on having left a dear site...
    Regards, Shane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coat is really beautiful, you look great! And I love what you wrote about New York, it sounds like the city for me, but i better visit b4 I make and drastic moving decisions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this is a great reflection of a trip. so you shop IN ny?? wow, talk about a trip!!!! how often do you do it?

    someday, i'll do the same lol. ok maybe not coz a plane ride from west to east and back is not my ideal day of shopping. but it would work for a daydream. :D

    btw, u look great in that coat! and you scored a naxos cabas!!! thats prolly my fave accessory from LV spring 2009

    ReplyDelete
  17. what you wrote about new york is really interesting! and, naturally, gorgeous jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the coat and the hint of the bag
    i love love love the city aswell
    im a 40 minute drive and still cant get enough

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING on you and so is the naxos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think you would still look amazing regardless of whatever you are wearing... just wondering who took those pictures of yours?...

    ReplyDelete
  21. rei: my dear friend who only occasionally snaps some really good photos:)

    ReplyDelete

Feed the hungry animal with lots of comments @-@

Related Posts with Thumbnails