Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Summer Dip Dye -- Band of Outsiders Dip Dye Shirt Spring Summer 2010





I'm getting a little bit bored with the way that I present photos of clothes: standing awkwardly in front of the white sliding door of my bedroom. So with deliberation, I decided to have a new label called Live in Action: photos of me wearing the clothes in everyday occasions such as an out and about on the street or a trip to the beach. I hope this will spice things up and bring you interesting ideas of mix and matching your closet.

This dip-dye BOO shirt is perfect for the beach, just like the way the whole collection was presented. The trip to Virginia Beach was in early October this past summer. Everything was a like a miniature of Florida but only 4 hour drive from DC. We had fun, even if the beach was only mediocre and the weather was a bit chill. The Lacoste cardigan really saved me from the weather.

The Dip-dye or more commonly known tie-dye is quietly making its way back since their "splendid blossom" among hippies in 70s. Both process refer to coloring the textile, folded into certain pattern with specific dye to make colorful prints. Tie-dye t-shirts are popular souvenir items at tourist attractions and some stubborn and reminiscent Americans that just can't let the hippy go. Those are ugly... by the way.

Dip-dye, usually without the crazy patterns, are more popular among high-end fashions (think about Proenza Schouler's Spring 2010).

I know the photos are not quite satisfying in showing the details and the fabric of the clothes and I'll work on that with my "photographer" who's been reluctantly to improve his skills - -! Tell me what you think:)

Band of Outsiders stock lists:


20 comments:

  1. thanks for commenting on my blog!hope u come back and maybe following :) nice blog :)
    follow me on:
    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com
    http://lookbook.nu/glamourgirlbg
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2187105/glamourgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardigan!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos. and I can feel the summer is coming to tooowwn... :)

    have a nice day!




    ellenreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to the live in action stuff. not only does it showcase your clothes, it allows us to peep into your activities too. anyway, regarding the dip-dye shirt, i've been interested about it ever since it came out but this technique always has the stigma of being a souvenir shirt. well, i'm open to experimenting this summer. :)

    nouveauskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this blog, so inspirational with a kooky twist. Love the photos too!!:)

    please please follow my blog and let me know what you think, can't wait to hear back from you!!

    kisses x

    http://roses-are-blue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG i need this shirt! :D great photos
    and thx for the comment. u have a great blog :D

    fllw each?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, me either! love 'the beach' :D

    thank you :)
    yours is great as well :)

    xx from switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just went thru ur blog randomly. ure such a big spender lol. Great stuff and buys.

    im ur new follower
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. besides everything else, your life truly revolves around proportion, line and silhouette :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I grow up, I wanna be like you!!!
    you have the most showstopper items of the season, love all your treasures!

    really, amazing pics, amazing clothes and inspiration to loose weight on this upcoming year.

    Come to visit San.

    THELOVELYSANDOTBLOGSPOTDOTCOM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shirt AND the jumper! Thanks for commenting on POPTUCKSHOP, I was wondering how you found out about it, as it is relatively new... I'm in need of a "photographer" too! Glad to hear somebody else is missing Betty!
    http://www.poptuckshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice photos :)

    thanks 4 the comment in my blog.

    i'm followin' you ;)

    invoguewithsilvanaquerido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. heyyy...great shirth...love the firts picture
    kiss,kiss
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI, i just gave you the blogger award on my blog!

    http://aviator101.blogspot.com/2011/01/bess-nyc-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love, love, love that shirt! seriously, dip-dye is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love these pictures!

    "photographer" who's been reluctantly to improve his skills- lol so funny!

    and about my bracelet its actually a cuff for the arm! isnt it great! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. envious again! i really like this shirt from the collection

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, really like that shirt, hope I could have one. : (

    ReplyDelete

Feed the hungry animal with lots of comments @-@

Related Posts with Thumbnails